The EHSEU uses Shopwithscrip for gift card purchases.
What is scrip?
Scrip fundraising allows families to easily earn rebates with everyday spending. One half of the rebate is deposited into the general EEU (Esperanza Entertainment Unit) account and one half goes directly into your son or daughter’s individual band/color guard account. The money earned can be used to pay for performance donations, color guard fees, jazz trips like Reno, banquet, logo wear, etc.
Scrip is a gift card for retail outlets, grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants, and fast food establishments. You can order the hard plastic cards or use Scrip now which is an email version of the scrip. You will be surprised at how many different choices there are. Simply use scrip gift cards for everyday purchases or to give as gifts and see the money in your student’s band account grow.
AMC 8% rebate
Vons 4% rebate
The Home Depot 4% rebate
Friday’s 9% rebate
Chili’s Restaurant 11% rebate
How do I get started? It’s easy to enroll. Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to Shopwithscrip.com and select Register then choose “Join an Existing Program”
- Type in the enrollment code (you can request this from our Scrip Coordinator Tammy Shields) and the website should say register for Esperanza Entertainment Boosters (Required for the EEU to get credit)
- You are set to shop.
How do I pay for my scrip?
You can pay one of two ways, by check to be placed in the “Everything Box” by the monthly parent meeting or by presto pay. During Covid online only Presto Pay is available. Presto Pay allows the flexibility of getting Scrip Now in between our monthly orders because the payment is taken directly from your checking account.
Follow the directions below to set up Presto Pay if you are interested. This is a convenience and not required if you prefer you can write a check to EEU for your order.
To Sign up for Presto Pay you go to the ShopwithScript.com website.
- First you register for the site if you have not already done this.
- At the top of the page you will see Presto Pay – Click here to create an account.
- Read info and say Yes I agree
- It will ask for your bank account info. Here you put in bank details and the info off your check (routing number and account)
- Then it asks you to select a pin number.
- The scrip site will then make two small deposits to your checking account. Usually a few cents. This may take a day or two.
- Once this is done go back into the site and log in.
- At the top go to Click here to verify. You will then put in the amount of both deposits.
- Shop with Scrip will give you a 4 digit approval code via e-mail.
- Send the approval code to me so that I can log on and approve your account. Then you will receive a final congrats letter and you will be set to go.
I know it sounds like a lot, but it really isn’t bad and you only have to do it once. There is a video on the site to watch if you need further direction or feel free to give me a call or text me.
How do I place an order?
Once registered, you can order
1. Online at the ShopwithScrip.com site
2. Using the form here. The coordinator will place the order on the Thursday of each month after the parent meeting. Physical cards will be available for pick up on the following Wednesday in the band room.
3. Mobile website here.
I’m not good at planning ahead!
Relax; ShopwithScrip has developed an easy plan where you do not have to plan ahead at all. Join Presto Pay (details below)! Once enrolled in the presto pay system, you do not have to wait for the monthly order. Your scrip will arrive within minutes to your account and the amount debited from your checking account. When the rebate arrives it will credit to your account the same as if you bought a physical card.
At Chili’s? Have dinner, enjoy, time to pay the bill, just pull out your phone purchase scrip on Presto Pay, it arrives into the wallet with a few minutes, input the e-scrip number and you are set. Your rebate will be credited to the EEU account as soon as it arrives.
Not all establishments allow ScripNow (immediate on line card) or reloads. Please check the site for availability.
When is the order date?
The monthly order date coincides with the parent meeting. You can drop off checks at that time or into the “Everything box” prior to then if you do not use Presto Pay. Once the checks are deposited I put in the order usually Thursday night.
When will the scrip be available?
Scrip will be available the following Wednesday in the Band Room.
Is there a cost to ordering?
We ask each family who orders hard gift cards that must be shipped to pay $1 per order for shipping. Scrip now orders which do not require shipping are not charged a fee. If you use presto pay there is a nominal .15 charge per order.
What if I want to order at a different time?
If you have a special order which requires shipping, you can let me know and I can order at any time, but you will be responsible for the entire $12 for shipping. Most items like Home Depot and restaurants are available through scrip now. The scrip now is automatic with presto pay, otherwise it will wait to be cleared until our large order is put in. This allows us to make our deposit before the EEU is charged.
Thanks and I hope you find this useful.