Upcoming Events & Information
- 2021 – Washington DC Trip Information – Here
- Band Camp – August 17th – 21st
- All Musicians:
- 1:00 -1:40 pm Masterclasses/technique time with section coach
- 1:40 – 2:00 pm Personal practice based on masterclass materials
- 2:00 – 2:45 pm Wrap up masterclass materials and work on show music
- 2:45 – 3:00 pm
- 3:00 – 3:40 pm BREAK
- Visual time (stretch, movement, basics, etc.) with Tass Duarte, who replaced David
- 3:40 – 4:00 pm Personal practice based on first block materials
- 4:00 – 4:45 pm Visual block part 24:45 FULL GROUP WRAP UP
- Guard block breakdown of 1p.m.-5p.m. will be determined daily by John.
Goals for camp: Musically learn the opener in a way where all members are comfortable enough with all details to record it on their own. Visually, we will demonstrate a solid understanding of the basic technique program and some beginning movement/choreography that will go with the show.What would have been the second week of camp is now reserved for the making of video submissions (one musical-no body. and one visual) that will be submitted to Mr. Davis by 9p.m. on August 28th. Scripts and instructions will be provided at a later date.
All jazz audition materials are to be recorded and submitted to Mr. Davis by 9p.m. on Wednesday, August 19th, along with the following Google Form: https://forms.gle/p5f7qq9cJ2vNPT8T6. It does NOT need to be a single take of the entire audition materials, but each skill should be demonstrated completely on its own. For example: All major scales must be performed together in the same take. Having a take of 7 major scales, and then another take with the remaining 5, would result in no points.You can use a play along that is either in your headphones (we obviously wouldn’t hear it on the video), or over speakers. There will be no sight-reading on this year’s audition. Drummers, for the time test portion of the audition, please just put on a metronome into your headphones and keep time for 1 minute.With any specific audition questions, please email me directly
- 2020 – 2021 Information Flyer – Here
- Percussion Technique – Here
- Mallet Exercises – Here
- 2020 – 2021 Audition Information – Here
Previous Booster Meeting Minutes
- May 29th, 2019 Booster Meeting Minutes Here
- August 12th, 2019 Booster Meeting Minutes Here
- September 3rd, 2019 Booster Meeting Minutes Here
- October 1st, 2019 Booster Meeting Minutes Here
- November 5th, 2019 Booster Meeting Minutes Here
- January 7th, 2020 Booster Meeting Minutes Here
- February 4th, 2020 Booster Meeting Minutes Here
- March 3rd, 2020 Booster Meeting Minutes Here
- May 7th, 2020 Booster Meeting Minutes Here
Get Text Messages from the EEU
Sign up to receive important updates from The EEU with Remind.
- Parents/Students – General EEU text the message @cf46gk to the number 81010
- Students – EEU Students – text the message @eeu18 to the number 81010
- Parents/Students – Percussion Ensemble text the message @kgf82e to the number 81010
- Parents/Students – Guard text the message @d8a7g8 to the number 81010
- Parents/Students – Jazz I text the message @7g27bk to the number 81010
- Parents/Students – Jazz II text the message @a7hg7g8 to number 81010
- Parents/Students – Jazz III text the message @f6933f to number 81010
You’ll start to receive important text messages from the EEU
Corporate donations are a great way to help fund the band and color guard program! If you enjoy soliciting corporate donations, or work for a company that supports local schools or arts programs, please contact Rosie Delgado or Martha Stewart at: email@example.com A special “thank you” to those who have already helped obtain corporate donations!
Picture and Video Updates
If you like to take pictures and videos of the band and color guard, share them here by contacting the webmaster at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Music? Why Band? What gives these children an advantage? What do they have that the non-music students have? Why are music students recruited with such intensity by every profession? Click here to read the article about it.
How does music benefit our students? Click here to find out.
Help the Band!
Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
It’s very simple to sign up. You just go the their website, Farm Fresh To You and follow the instructions when you click on the sign up tab. Don’t forget to enter the promo code “EEU” so we get 10% donated back to the program from every purchase.
Support the band with several other different fundraising opportunities here!
Scrip fundraising allows families to easily earn rebates with everyday spending.
One half of the rebate is deposited into the general EEU (Esperanza Entertainment Unit) account and one half goes directly into your son or daughter’s individual band/color guard account.
The money earned can be used to pay for performance donations, color guard fees, jazz trips like Reno, banquet, logo wear, etc.
Scrip is a gift card for retail outlets, grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants, and fast food establishments. You can order the hard plastic cards or use Scrip now which is an email version of the scrip. You will be surprised at how many different choices there are.
Simply use scrip gift cards for everyday purchases or to give as gifts and see the money in your student’s band account grow.